Thursday, April 3, 2008

Can you learn?

I always wonder sometimes,  can people learn to do things that seem only capable in the hands of a savant. Can you learn to paint a mona lisa, can you learn to draw. Sometimes when I look at other people's artwork compared to my own I get blown into reality and realize I am but a young grasshopper. Makes me wonder if I'd ever reach those levels of expertise.


Sometimes I find myself unable to decide what I'll do or become in life, sure I have a good education to fall on etc. but WHAT DO I WANT TO DO!? 

I'm pretty sure I'll be a bank teller with a masters degree, just because I find the job simplistic and its enough to get by. Maybe that's my problem, no ambition or motivation. In reality all I really want in life is a cozy apartment, not a house, the necessities (i.e. video games) and food.

We'll see how it goes though because if there is one thing I'm sure of, its that whatever we do with our lives, it'll lead us somewhere we were meant to go, and I'm gonna enjoy the ride there.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hmmmm....
I think skills and talent balance.

I love art but I don't know how to draw.

I have a little too much ambition. Not enough cash or what it takes....

Leonardo Melendez said...

Talent, skill. You don't need any of it to do wicked stuff. A focus and unique point of view work just fine. Hmmm, maybe that's skill and talent right there. Gaaan aaaf!

Beth said...

by the way, i am learning to write. i love it and i want to spend the rest of my life doing it, but i still have to improve.