Thursday, July 14, 2011

You study computers? well you know everything!

NOT SO! I hate that stereotype that exists here in Belize. Just because I studied anything remotely to do with computers I suppose to be this computer genius in everything! You study computers? can you fix my Nintendo DS, its not charging anymore? wtF?

Anyhow just so you know I mainly work in hardware and network engineering. My hardware background I got from working many years as a computer technician and getting the chance to work with some great computer geeks, like Daisuke Inoue, Shinsuke Inoue, Joshua Richards, Carlson Bradley, Marco Cheng... the list goes on. I've learned quite a lot from my experiences and my peers. I never pretend to know everything because there is always something to learn and someone that knows more!

So yeah my dad wants a website for his company because he thinks its about time he started to advertise and get his business out in the open more. Naturally he asked me if I could help. These professionals out there want to charge you an arm and a leg... so anyway during working hours between breaks and spare time I will research on webpage designing etc etc... I've come across some helpful sites. With my background in programming and PHP it shouldn't be too hard, however the artistic side of things like logos etc is not my forte... I will probably get help there.

Wish me luck.

ps: it's nostalgic writing another blog entry.

3 comments:

Beth said...

As in many professions those on the outside don't seem to understand the specialties that are involved. Iam guilty of assuming that any one of my "computer friends" are able to help me out in any given "computer problem".

It is good to be back in the blogsphere as well.

Domanick Fabro said...

haha. yes i always compare it to the medical field, I mean you don't ask a heart surgeon to operate on your brain right? there are tons of specialties and not only in the computer field but any other field.

Beth said...

Therefore is was foolish of my principle to ask me to help her niece with her chemistry homework...