Friday, February 15, 2008

Bad Hair Day

So, yeah... I came home today and noticed that Knight was blowing out his coat. Its a term we Siberian Husky owners know all too well. Siberian Huskies don't shed hair all year around like normal dogs, instead once a year they shed their coats and it happens all at once and lasts for about a week or two.

When I came home I could hardly notice the dog under all the fur, he looked liked a pin cushion, no lie... it was so funny. Almost like a sheep....

Anyway, I spent the whole afternoon trying to sort him out so he could feel a wee bit better. Must be a pain in the ass to have hair all about even in your mouth, I could tell he liked the shearing and the bath. Well I couldn't get all of it off since its an ongoing process at the moment.

Duke was jealous, had to kick him to shoo him off about twice... no worries he's a big Rotweiler a kick is a love tap for him, hehe.

Here are a couple of videos and a pic, the whole processing of taking off the fur felt like picking cotton, and its sooo soft....



Cotton Picking

Cotton (ignore date... I'm lazy)


Giancarlo, Duke, Knight

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that all too well!

Leonardo Melendez said...

Wicked!

Beth said...

Any why do you have a huskie in Belize. That is cruel.

Domanick Fabro said...

that a very common misconception. Huskies actually thrive better in warmer weather. Remember that are dogs built to adapt to climate chance whether it be cold or hot and in Siberia where they are from it gets hotter than Belize on the hot months and as cold as ice on the cool months.

ps. I am cruel, but not for having huskies =P

Beth said...

Well, at least you know your facts...