Thursday, November 22, 2007

Busy, busy, busy..... BUSY!

Oiy the last days are always daunting. I have a lot of projects due, but I know I'll get through them even with this enormous amount of, "pauses for inspiration" -freeze, procrastination. Right now I'm avoiding that research paper but doing this presentation for yes, you named it.. Communication Skills. The topic is how local music can be used as a communicative tool. Pretty much have everything done but if you have additional ideas on how you think local music is used as a means of a communicative tool I would be more than happy to read...

I remember once PUP using that song from "las ketchup" I don't recall the name but it was very popular at the time and they went and revamped it, to something more "Belizean" and used it in their campaign and before you know it they had an additional 4 years to steal. I guess music was used as a means of advertising and influence, I could be wrong.


so, any ideas?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am bad at recalling music. Are you talking about that "welcome to the party" song.

That would be a good song to use as an example because even though there are so many people who seem to be unhappy with the government, once that song is playing everything is sunshine and happiness.

It is interesting that in many cultures that do not have written languages song and poems are important. They are used to tell stories, pass information from one person to the other, remember information,and they help thinkers gather thoughts and build on them. Songs are very important to what they call oral communities (communities that have only an oral language).

I think you paper would be fun to write. Glad you are doing it and not me, still though

Domanick Fabro said...

thanks a lot for that i actually used that and went looking for that welcome to the party song, its kinda of catchy... makes me almost wanna vote for them hahaha