Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm an Arteest

Link and Navi
Time: 3 hours

Application: Jasc. Paint Shop Pro 8

Instruments: Keyboard, Mouse and Wacom© Tablet

Description: Link playing Nintendo DS Lite with his fairy Navi tailing. Done in the same shade cell design implemented in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I was quite fond of Link being demonstrated in this design. Very simple but elegant. Not to mention the game was soo fun!

Aggravations: I forgot about his eyebrows and remembered until I was in almost the final layers, so you can see how its above the other layers. Copy and pasted Navi from a previous drawing I did for my computer display pic in the welcome screen, so it doesn't blend all too well.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Interesting.... I am an observer of art but nothing much more then that!

Leonardo Melendez said...

Nice. I gave up on Nintendo after the N64; too cheesy for my liking. Now, I'm hooked with Sony and the FIFA Soccer series until something better comes along.

Domanick Fabro said...

@Leo - how dare you! *hugs his Wii* he didn't mean it baby..he didn't mean it.

@beth - you should give it a try someday.

Leonardo Melendez said...

Muhahaha! Sorry fella, but if I had a Wii, I'd lock myself up in my room to play. And if someone came knocking on the door, I'd be fast about hiding it. But hey, that's just me. What do I know, I have sucky taste.

Domanick Fabro said...

@Leo - Hiding it because your a selfish bastard =P... Wii rocks! Well i bought it mainly for Zelda I LOVE LOVE LOVE me my RPGs. Sony doesn't have interesting ones, and their main RPG (Final Fantasy) is a rip off of a game that i totally detest, Pokemon. Who ever heard of taking turns in battles... haha

I can see why you like sony for the sport games tho... I still can woop you on fifa.

BRING IT!

Leonardo Melendez said...

Well, well, well. Is this a challenge? My Liverpool supporters will be chanting "Ole, Ole" at the end of the match and I can assure you, it's the last thing you'll ever want to hear.

Hey, I'd fancy a match; tired of playing in these parts of the woods. Whatever the console, just have me a Dual Shock and I'm good to go.

Domanick Fabro said...

My AC Milan will walk all over your liver-poo! Even AS Roma can manage that haha....

Well have to set it up on the Xbox 360 at Pancho's sometime.

Beth said...

Boys and their toys..... Tisk Tisk